I am not a morning person. Never have been and never will be, so weekday morning munchies need to be simple and filling if I stand any hope of actually having some breakfast before starting the day’s work.
Not only does one glass of this get in a few of your essential 5+ a day but it packs in a load of healthy fats to keep your system running until lunch (even if your brain is yet to rouse itself fully). If you are really short of time you can even make it the night before and just grab and go in the morning; now that is a speedy breakfast on the go.
Makes 2 large glasses
- 1 avocado, skinned and stone removed
- Juice of three limes
- 1 large mango, skinned and stone removed
- 3 large handfuls of blueberries
- Large knob of ginger (about 1.5-2.5″), skin removed
- 1.5 tbsp cashew or almond butter
- 400ml almond milk
- Handful fresh mint
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Chopping board
- Blender, we use a Vitamix but any relatively powerful blender or hand blender should be fine
1. Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend! Depending on the ripeness of your mango you may need to add some honey to taste, or a few ice cubes to bring down the temperature.