It’s been a bit of a day. You haven’t stopped and barely had time to take breath. It’s home time and all you need is a plate of something satisfying and some time around the table with the people you love. Step into the light, tandoori salmon. It sounds swish but it’s easy peasy and relies on a few store cupboard favourites to pack in the flavour with less of the hard work so that you end up with a fabulous plateful in 20-25 minutes.
Don’t believe me? Try it yourself and I bet this becomes a frequent mid week bestie
- olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- 3 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1.5 tbsp curry paste (we use Madras as we like it spicy but choose the spice level to your own comfort)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1.5″ ginger
- 1 lemon
- 1 small mango (or ready prepared mango for extra speed and ease)
- 2 spring onions, diced
- 1/3 of a cucumber
- 1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
- small bunch of coriander
- to serve, rice (use a ready prepared pouch for extra speed and ease)
- to serve, tenderstem broccoli (steamed or stirfried as you prefer)
1. Heat the grill on high and line the grill pan with tinfoil. Oil the bottom of each salmon fillet and place on the grill pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix the yoghurt, chilli powder, curry paste and juice of half of the lemon, salt and pepper. Grate the ginger into the bowl (don’t worry about removing the skin). Mix until well combined and coat the salmon in the yoghurt mixture. Place under the grill.
3. While the salmon cooks, dice the mango into small pieces and place in a bowl. Halve the cucumber and scrape out the seeds with a teaspoon, then dice. Add to the bowl with the spring onions, chilli and coriander and juice of the other half of the lemon. Mix well.
4. The marinade will start to blacken which will add a smoky flavour to your fish but do watch it to ensure it doesn’t get completely blackened and that the fish cooks evenly. If your salmon fillet is thick you may need to place the grill pan lower down to ensure that the fish cooks through.
5. Finally as the fish is ready, heat the rice and steam/fry the broccoli as you prefer. Serve and stuff your face.