The rain set in and the baking siren started calling. I am a complete home bird and will sometimes point blank refuse to go to the shops for an ingredient and will experiment with what we have in the cupboard instead. These tasty cookies were born from one of those days.
The texture is part cake, part cookie with hints of banana bread and flapjack so you are ticking off lots of cravings in one hit! As these came from a pantry raid the ingredients are also likely to already be lurking in your fridge and cupboard so a trip to the shops shouldn’t be needed.
Ingredients – makes approximately 15
- 1 banana, mashed
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 150g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 100g plain flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa but this will make it sweeter)
- 155g oats
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly until evenly combined.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of mixture onto the baking tray, leaving space between the mixture to allow for it to spread.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes until crisp on the top. Allow to cool on a cooling rack and enjoy.